Approximately 45% of acute care discharges nationwide are admitted to a post-acute setting. As highlighted in a recent article by VMG Health, one post-acute setting that continues to see substantial growth across the care continuum: inpatient rehabilitation.1
This rise in demand for inpatient rehabilitation facilities (IRFs) and acute rehabilitation units (ARUs) can be attributed to its many unique value props, including:
- Strong clinical outcomes and financial performance.
- Consistent regulatory support.
- Its ability to treat a wide range of medically complex patients.
- A high margin for efficient operators.
Additionally, hospitals are finding great benefit in partnering with an experienced rehabilitation provider to help alleviate administrative burdens of developing and running a rehabilitation program, as well as helping to ensure a hospital can achieve the goals mentioned above.
Other benefits based on partnership type highlighted by VMG Health included:1
What Makes a Good Partner? 5 Top Qualities
To reap the full benefits of partnership, it is critical to find the right partner that meets your hospital’s unique needs, mission and vision. Not all joint venture or acute rehab management partners are created equal.
Keep reading to learn the top 5 qualities to look for in a rehabilitation partner.
- Richards, S., Speights, P., & Tracanna, C. (2023, September 5). Strategic partnerships in the inpatient rehabilitation industry: Highlights, opportunities, and risks. VMG Health. https://vmghealth.com/thought-leadership/blog/strategic-partnerships-in-the-inpatient-rehabilitation-industry-highlights-opportunities-and-risks/
- Westhead, M. (2023, April). Getting the most out of Hospital Post Acute Partnership. Getting the most out of hospital post-acute partnership. https://www.advisory.com/topics/post-acute-care/2021/03/getting-the-most-out-of-hospital-post-acute-partnership